The 2024 Launch and Meeting schedule will be posted in January 2024.
MASA Holiday Party – Saturday December 9th
2:00 pm Building opens
2;30 pm - 5:00 pm Project time
5:00 pm- 6:00 pm Dinner set up time
6:00 pm Dinner
Eagle Lake Community Building at Thoreson Park
6259 Eagle Lake Drive
Maple Grove, MN 55369
This 2023 holiday gathering is quickly approaching! Like prior years, it is an enhanced potluck format.
If you plan to attend, please email MASA President, Tim Moore, at email@example.com . Or you can reply to the post in the club Facebook group or to the post in the club email list.
Please include the following in your RSVP:
Number of people in your party:
The food item being brought:
Any food allergies of note:
Approximate height your Big Bertha's flight exceeded Charlie's Big Bertha flight:
MASA will provide a number of the primary needs:
Individual cold drinks
Ice in coolers to keep the drinks cold
Plates and cups
Plastic-ware and napkins
We're looking to members and families/guests to contribute a food item to share. In the past this has included, but not been limited to:
As of 11/30, guests are bringing the following:
Green Bean Casserole
Ruth's award-winning Cole's Law
The format of the evening should track closely with prior years:
The bestowal of the MASSY Awards
The inglorious ridicule of the PRANG award
The fast and furious Gibben's White Elephant Xchange
Other activities if I can think of them
The building will open at 2:00pm, and project time will be held from 2:30 to 5:00pm. Bring your rocket building gears and some rockets to work on.
Dinner set up time will be from 5:00 - 6:00 pm, with dinner starting at 6:00 pm.
Following the dinner will be the presentation of the coveted Prang award (still accepting nominations), the Massy Awards (also still accepting nominations), an in person call for officer nominations (still accepting nominations), another possible blind build challenge, and then the wrap up with the Gibbens White Elephant Exchange.
Gift Exchange Details:
For those new to the White Elephant Exchange experience, or wanting a brush up on the rules:
- If you want to participate, you must bring a wrapped, rocket themed, gift to give. It should be of an approximate value of $20-$25.
- Lots are drawn to determine selection order. The first person in order selects a gift from the pile. It is then opened for the assembled crowd to Oh and Ah over.
- Then the second person gets to select a gift. They can either choose a gift from the pile of remaining gift...or they can take the gift chosen by any other selector, in this case person 1. That person can then select a gift from the pile or could take a different gift chosen by a different selector (but they can't take their taken gift back that turn.
- Play continues until the final gift from the gift pile is taken. There are some other more specific rules that will be explained at the time of the contest.
- The gifts are often rocket kits but do not necessarily need to be such, as long as they are rocket themed. There have been rocket/space themed games, space themed postage stamps, a wicker cat bed in the shape of a rocket, rocket motors, range/building boxes, etc. It's something to have fun with.
MASA is section #576 of the National Association of Rocketry
Welcome to the MASA web site! You'll find a lot of information about our rocket club and its activities.
If you have any questions, please feel free to Contact one of the club officers!
Our listing of upcoming club activities may be found on the site home page, and on the 2023 Club Calendar page.
Our award-winning club newsletter may be downloaded from the Planet Online page.
To become a MASA member, please see the Join MASA page.