January Meeting Minutes (1/11/2008)
The January 2008 MASA meeting was held on the 10th at
the Science Museum.
In case you didn't realize, 2008 is MASA's 10th
7 people attended the meeting.
The January launch will be on the 26th at White Bear
- A brainstorming session was held to come up meeting topics for
most of the year. (See the Events calendar for info.)
- NARCON stuff was discussed.
- Status of TARC teams was discussed.
- The 2008 schedule of club events was discussed.
- The March launch will be held at Apple Valley High School.
- The waiver for the Nowthen sod farm has been renewed for
- Since there was only one candidate for each club
office, MASA custom allowed those candidates to be placed
directly into office by a majority vote of acclamation of those
club members present at the meeting.
- A motion was made and seconded to appoint Ted Cochran
Chairman Pro-Tem for the purpose of appointing club officers.
This motion was approved unanimously by an oral vote. A
motion was made and seconded to place the three officer
candidates directly into office and skip the electoral vote.
This motion was approved by an oral vote.
- The 2008 MASA club officers are: President - Alan
Estenson, Vice President - Carol Marple, Secretary/Treasurer -
Show -n- Tell
- No one brought any show and tell items, but we all admired
Caleb's spiffy hat. <grin>