May Meeting Minutes (5/5/2007)
The May 2007 MASA meeting was held on the 3rd at
the Science Museum.
11 people attended the meeting.
- The April launch was a big success with 185 flights!
This was MASA's biggest flight day in 4 years.
- The May launch will be on the 26th at Nowthen. This is
Memorial Day weekend. We will be continuing to setup the
range as misfire alley with a few "community" pads provided.
We will be looking for people to volunteer to do one hour range
- The June meeting will be on the 7th at the Science Museum.
We will be starting (another) Baby Bertha kitbash. This
one will have relaxed rules. The challenge will be to
build something "Goony"!
- A reminder that there will be contests at the June launch - A Streamer Duration, C Boost Glider,
Spot Landing, Predicted Duration.
- The date for the summer picnic was discussed, but not set
yet. The two possible dates are July 7 and July 21.
- Revision 4.0 to the MASA bylaws have been approved and are
now in effect. The MASA officers will be discussing
whether dues should be raised this year.
- MASA has been invited to setup a display table in the
science room at Convergence - a local science fiction convention
held on July 6-7-8.
Upcoming Outreach Events (Volunteers Needed!)
- Thursday, May 17
Cub Scout Pack 626 [Fourth annual]
Long Lake Regional Park in New Brighton.
Format essentially identical to the last couple of years -
Launch rockets starting at about 7PM and we should be wrapped up
by dark. Expect 50 or so rockets to fly.
- Saturday, May 19
Gems/Gise spring festival:
Jordan Park Community School
1501 30th Avenue North
1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
This is the successor to the Rocket League Program of past
years. Teams will be flying B-Eggloft duration. Carol Marple is
coordinating volunteers; they could use a bunch of help, as well
as launch pads, etc. This is on the same weekend as TARC,
so a lot of us won't be in town--please help if you can.
- Tuesday, May 29
Westwood Elementary School [9th Annual MASA outreach there!]
Build Estes Generic E2X rockets
- Monday, June 4
Westwood Elementary School
Show -n- Tell
- David Whitaker brought his new RRR Starliner and Semroc
- Ted Cochran brought his new Hawks Hobby Super Sprite
- Tim Barr brought a Pegasus rocket informational binder.
- Ken Jarosch brought a 24mm Scrambler, Semroc Mars Lander, a
"found parts" tube-fin rocket, and a tube fin pyramid rocket.