September 2006 Meeting Minutes (9/8/2006)
The September 2006 MASA meeting was held on the 7th at
the Science Museum.
11 people attended the meeting.
- MASA President Mike Erpelding was not present, but his excuse
that he is getting married this Saturday was a pretty good one.
Congratulations and Best Wishes to Mike and Amber!
- Congratulations were offered to Carol Marple for her
successful L1 cert flight at the August launch!
- The September 23 launch will be at the Nowthen field.
The theme is "clusters", so bring out those multi-engine
rockets. Hopefully, we will have a Fat Boy Duration fun
event, so remember to bring your Fat Boy rockets too!
Watch the events calendar for info.
- The October meeting will be on the 5th. The topic will
be "Baby Bertha kitbash". Alan Estenson will be organizing
the event. Baby Bertha kits will be available for purchase
at the meeting, or you may provide your own. Watch for
more details on the events calendar and on the mailing list.
- Buzz and Kathy McDermott have volunteered to host the MASA
holiday party again this year.
- Ted says that the new issue of the Planet will be out soon.
Anyone with last minute submissions, please send them to him
Show -n- Tell
- Ted Cochran brought his recently completed Estes Sweet Vee
radio control rocket glider. He hopes to fly it for the
first time at the September launch.
- Russ Durkee brought an electric powered radio control delta
wing airplane that he plans to convert to rocket power.
Basement Bounty (a sequel to Attic Treasures) by Russ Durkee
and Buzz McDermott - a nostalgic look at vintage model rocket
- Russ Durkee brought a variety of interesting stuff:
FSI F100 engine, Centuri engines, various unbuilt Centuri kits
(Satellite Killer, Flying Saucer, Evel Knievel Sky Cycle,
Hercules II...) and various vintage catalogs
- Buzz McDermott brought a selection of stuff from his "not a
collection": various old built Centuri rockets (Powersystems,
SSV Scorpion, Saturn 1b), a new built MRC Iron Man, a new Semroc
Mark II clone, various old wooden launch pads, a new built MRI
Kappa 1 and an MPC Microsonde 3, various MPC boxed kits and
minirocs kits, a MRC Concept II launcher, FSI catalogs and
unbuilt kits, an unbuilt 1969 Estes Mars Lander kit, unbuilt
Estes Citation Bomarc and Starship Vega kits, the old Estes
Aerospace Club set, a Canaroc kit, and much more!
- Alan Estenson brought along some old catalogs and
- Thanks to Russ & Buzz for bringing these items! It was
great fun to look at it all.