March 2006 Meeting Minutes (3/4/2006)
The March 2006 MASA meeting was held on the 2nd at
the Aero Systems Engineering FluiDyne Laboratory in Plymouth.
12 people attended the meeting. We declared
that Mike set some sort of record by driving all the way down for
the meeting from his job site in Park Rapids!
- MASA is planning to have a model rocket exhibit at
MarsCon, a local
Science Fiction convention during the weekend of March 3-5.
- NARCON is the weekend of March 10-12. Many MASA
members are planning to attend.
- The (known) status of local TARC teams was discussed
briefly. Ted C. let us know that some launch dates are
planned down at Apple Valley High School again this year.
More info to come.
- Articles are needed for the next issue of the Planet.
- The (cold) February launch was briefly discussed.
- The March launch is scheduled for the Elk River VFW field.
However, the site may change, so watch the web site for updates.
- Recent outreach activities were discussed.
Show -n- Tell
- Ted Cochran brought his FlisKits UFFO. He stated that
much hot-gluing went into its construction.
- Alan Estenson brought his vintage Estes Nebulon Warrior -
built in 1984.
The evening's activity was a tour of
ASE's FluiDyne Aerotest Laboratory by Alan Estenson. The
attendees got to see wind tunnels, test stands, machine shops, and
all kinds of technical stuff (much of it painted grey).