MASA MASA   Join the National Association of Rocketry Minnesota Rocketry Network

About MASA


  Join MASA

Events Schedule



  Meeting Reports


  Launch Reports

Planet Newsletter

  Planet Online




  Email List


  Outreach Reports

Photo Gallery


Files -n- Forms

MASSY Awards

Open Contest



Last updated: June 27, 2009
Site hosted courtesy of the
Minnesota Rocketry Network
Alan Estenson, Webmaster

June 27, 2009 MASA Regional Contest launch report (6/28/2009)

On Saturday, June 27th, MASA held its first NAR Sanctioned Regional Contest.  Mike Erpelding served as the contest director.  [Thanks for all your hard work putting together this contest, Mike!]

This was originally planned as a 2-day contest.  However, weekend weather forced some last minute changes.  Due to rain and thunderstorms, Saturday's start time was delayed until noon, and the contest ended up running until 8pm.  The regular MASA sport launch that was also scheduled for Saturday was pushed back one week.  With high winds forecast for Sunday, the second day of flying was dropped.

The afternoon was pretty breezy with winds generally out of the west.  The strongest breeze was in the mid-afternoon.  It did start dropping off after about 6pm.  With the many duration events, there were a lot of long walks off to the east.  More than a few people ended up traipsing through the cornfields in search of errant rockets.

The events were:

  • A  Streamer Duration (A SD)
  • ½A Parachute Duration Multi-Round (1/2A PD MR)
  • D Dual Egg Loft Duration (D DED)
  • B Boost Glide (B BG)
  • Random Duration (40 seconds) (RDD)
  • Open Spot Landing (OSL)

Thanks to everyone who came out and competed!

A couple people also put up a handful of [non-contest] sport flights.

Contest Results:

[for the full results, please see the bottom of this web page]

MASA Summer Regional Meet Champions

Place Contestant NAR Number Section Total Points
B Division
1 Boe, Caleb 83769 IND 570
C Division
1 Cieslak, John 13628 558 1026
2 Vatsaas, Rick 81896 IND 765
3 Estenson, Alan 69539 576 630
4 Merdan, Lyle 87893 576 618
5 Gibbens, Art 59244 576 456
6 Schweim, Todd 26588 576 444
7 Cochran, Ted 69921 576 357
8 Marple, Carol 86280 576 345
9 McDermott, Gerald (Buzz) 13559 576 204
10 Taylor, Jeff 87148 IND 75
11 Erpelding, Michael 79922 IND 42
12 Shmel, Dwayne 88172 576 0
576 3054
0 1452
558 1026

MASA members - please send in your thoughts about the launch! 

Alan Estenson writes:

For spot landing, I dug out a vintage KosRox MASA "Streadur" and flew it on a 1/2A6-2.  I didn't do particularly well, but I did beat Ted by about 5 inches. <grin>  For random duration, I took a WAG and flew an Astron Sprint (clone) on a B6-6.  This very much undershot the target time.  :-(  I should have used a C engine, or swapped out the streamer for a 12" chute.

For A SD, I first tried a bt-5 sized contest rocket built from a plan on the NAR web site.  This flew on a A3-4t with a 4x40" contest streamer.  This flight looked awesome, but it landed far, far off to the east.  I figured that I had a one-in-a-million chance of finding it and returning it.  First, I walked to the next sod field to pick up my Sprint.  What do I see lying on the sod?  A used A3-4t.  My used A3-4t.  Despite having used up my one-in-a-million chance by stumbling across my own spit motor casing, I went looking for my errant rocket anyway.  After a long walk... I didn't find it.  I did do the honorable thing and told Mike to DQ my flight for spitting the engine.  While I had a duplicate rocket, I knew that I had to return my second flight, so I flew an old sport model on an A3-4t.  Unfortunately, the streamer got stuck and never opened.

For 1/2A PD, I did a safe flight first - my Semroc Sky Hook on a 1/2A3-4t and a 12" chute.  This worked fine, but didn't get a very good time.  For my second flight, I used another bt-5 sized contest rocket with a 12" chute and another 1/2A3-4t.  This worked pretty well and got a relatively decent time, so I tried the same thing again.  Unfortunately, the chute stuck in the body tube on my final flight.

For D dual eggloft, I had taken an old Estes Scrambler (built in 1994) and modified it a bit.  It flew on a D21-4 with a 30" Aerotech nylon chute.  Unfortunately, my Ax-Man shoelace shock cord snapped at ejection.  The parachute floated off by itself [Jeff found it later.  Thanks Jeff!], the egg capsule did a freefall [ouch - omelet city], and the bottom section of the rocket disappeared - perhaps landing in one of the ditches.

For B boost glide, I tried a safe flight first - an Edmonds CiCi on a B4-2.  I had taped a short piece of streamer onto the motor to make it contest-legal.  This flew okay, but not great.  For my second flight, I tried an Edmonds Deltie-B on a B4-2.  This flew fairly well.  Due to the wind, I hadn't been able to do any good test tosses and had finally just decided to go for it!

To wrap up my day, I got in one sport flight - a Sputnik on a C6-0.

Art Gibbens writes:

For those of you who were not able to make yesterday's contest launch you missed a great opportunity.

This was my first regional competition and I entered 5 of the 6 competitions for the day. As many of you know I am primarily a sport flier thus most of my models were not very competitive, but I sure had fun!

First launch was for spot landing and I pulled out a big heavy rocket whose name I cannot recall, but it was a kit that had a parasite glider attached to it when new. It is a BT-56 with a yellow fin can and nose cone with the launch lug being integral with the fin can. I put an A8-3 in it so it wouldn't go too high and the plan was to drop it right on the orange marker cone in the middle of the field. Oops, not quite high enough, but a safe and qualified flight. One event down.

Next up was random duration and the time to match was 40 seconds. My reasoning went something like this: I don't want to walk too far (ha) and I want to be close to the time, so I will put up a rocket with a big enough motor that falls pretty fast. So I pulled out my old Satellite Launcher that had been upgraded last year to accept 24 mm engines. I took out a D12-5 and
went for the gusto. I should have gone with a C11, as it got too high and drifted into the corn.

Ah the cornfield, what can I say about the more than 2 hour interlude spent there? I went in looking for my rocket and came out with three rockets, a fin and a duck. The first rocket I found was pretty much junk as it had been rained on many times. It was a tube finned Phoenix and the only things left from it that could be reused were the plastic nose cone and the engine hook.
I then found Ted's Nike Ajax hanging on a stalk in the deeper corn. (It was an interesting field to walk through as the corn varied in height from just sprouting all the way up to my chest, depending on ground conditions and moisture content.) I was starting to get hopeful in finding mine as I found these two less than 5 minutes apart and after looking for about 45 minutes.
I then saw and picked up a large blue fin made of airplane plywood that had been there for a spell, maybe overwintered. I came across and left the remains of an orange or red plastic nosecone that had been shattered into a bazillion pieces. After about an hour and a half of doing grids and not finding my rocket where I thought it should be I changed my strategy. From the edge of the field furthest from the flying range I took a heading and went straight in from the point on the horizon I had determined from back at the launch site. I walked back through the same area I had already covered not wanting to leave any leaf not looked under. Didn't find it - rats! So after almost two hours of searching I was thirsty and figured I must have missed it in my grids so I was going to head in and fly some more and if there was time, look for it some more at the end of the day. So I took a slightly different line to head back out of the corn and take one last sweep. Again I lined myself up with the launch equipment and the spot on the horizon I used as a bearing and started walking through the corn one last time. I'm at least three-quarters of the way through the field and I spy something off to the left that definitely did not look like it belonged in the middle of a cornfield. Yep, it was a Mallard duck decoy laying on it's side. What!? Well I thought to myself at least the club will have a mascot. Now as I think about it, maybe we should put it in the treasure chest that goes to the best newsletter if we don't keep it again this year. Anyways, back to the saga of the corn. Knowing that there was no way my rocket could have gone this far into the cornfield but staying on my track so as to know where not to look when I came back, what a surprise to find that my rocket was only in the cornfield about 20 rows from the furthest end from the launch site, but close to the line of site I had made. Boy are my eyes
getting bad or what? So I trek out of the corn, get out on the road and scuff off the mud encrusted to the bottom of my boots feeling generally good about the time spent in the cornfield.

Back to the contest. Next up for me was A Streamer Duration. Earlier in the week I had taken an inventory of what I had already built at home and decided to use Bugsy, a BT-55 rocket that uses mini-engines for both this event and the 1/2 A Parachute Duration multi-round. I knew it was clunky, but I was pretty much assured of safe returnable flights. I used an A3-4T on the first streamer flight and an A10-3T on the second flight. Second flight was definitely longer. I made the steamer from red mylar that had been used to wrap a present from this last year's holiday party - as someone volunteered that it could be used as such back then. It definitely packs tighter than plastic. I'll need to do some more experimentation with this kind of recovery system.

For the 1/2 A Parachute I used Bugsy again with an 18 inch Estes mylar parachute and 1/2 A3-2T motors. The first flight got dragged into the drink after landing, so the final two flights I chased the rocket down before it had a chance to be dragged into the first drainage ditch again. Four events down and one left to go.

The final event I entered was D Dual Egg loft duration. The only Egg lofter I had was an older Scrambler that I had won as a door prize at one of the MASA picnics 5 or more years ago. However, being built for 18 mm motors I was in a pickle. What to do? Then I remembered that 7 or 8 years ago I bought some engines in an on-line auction off of Rocketry Online and in the
mix was a package of D13-7 Aerotech reloads. At the time I didn't have a casing of any kind, so I just let them set in my inventory. Then a couple of years back an old MASA member wanted to get out of rocketry (baby on the way) and offered to sell me all his remaining rocketry gear which included the 18 mm casing. So yesterday I put them together for the first time and flew my first reloadable engine and had 100% success - kind of. The engine went together as designed. It lit and flew as designed. It blew the nose cone completly off the body tube, which I had heard of but not planned for. So my rocket seperated in flight. I returned the egg section with two unbroken eggs and the sustainer with two broken off fins. It will be repaired to fly again.

This was a fun afternoon and I want to say a BIG thank you to Amber, Mike's wife, for giving this birthday present to Mike so we could enjoy the day flying rockets and have a contest to boot. I also wanted to say thanx to Theresa, Mike's sister who assisted him in getting all the fliers their correct paperwork. I was able to time some other competitor's flights and also wanted to say thank you to those that timed my flights. I think the only way I could have placed in any of these events would be because there were 5 or less fliers in the event. But I gained a lot of experience and learned a trick or two along the way as well. All in all it was a good afternoon.

Dwayne Shmel writes:

My son and I arrived at the site around 1 PM or so. The sky still looked ominous and the possibility of rain lingered in the air, the wind was pretty steady and gusty, so we I decided to sit on the sidelines for an hour or so. In the interim, we watched some incredible flights, not the least of which was Caleb's parachute duration flight. The rocket deployed it's chute and started to fall
slowly to earth - then it caught a thermal and rose - it would then level out - fall - and then rise again. The model repeated this pattern until it was out of sight past the stand of trees about a half
mile to the East. I timed over 4 minutes from launch until we lost sight of it. We also witnessed Alan's streamer duration rocket take a similar track to the East past (we think) the cornfield and into the field just west of the farm. Alan can fill us in on the details.

Since I was only prepared for two competitions (the dual egg loft and B glider) I had some extra time and asked Mike if I could set up my miss fire alley pad to the east and launch a few sport flights (which were not so wind sensitive). Mike was accommodating and I sent up a couple of AP models. I launched my upscale DRM on an E18-4 and my V2 conversion on an E11-3. Both flights were great and the walks were not too long (since I was not going for any recovery duration time).

I decided that I needed to give the dual egg loft a shot. How can you attend a competition and NOT compete? I built an Estes Scrambler for the event and prepped an oversized mylar chute (a rectangular configuration measuring 28" x 40"). I had trouble stuffing the chute into the Scrambler's BT so I grabbed my newly constructed Helicat which is also a BT-56 model. I figured the extra room in the BT would suffice so I friction fitted the D13-4 reload into the plastic motor, secured the eggs into the nose cone with foam, and off we went.

After some delay on the pad waiting for a break in the wind gusts, the little 18mm AP motor fired and the combo package went up fast and straight - not as high as I had calculated - probably because of the extra weight of the Helicat. The model arced over and started it's decent. C'mon ejection charge - FIRE !!! - please??? - fire?? Nope, the two eggs, plastic Scrambler nose cone, and Helicat body become one large lawn dart. HEADS UP Alan !!! SPLAT, the whole package disintegrated just a few yards from Alan's truck.  [There are no bonus points for concussing the club president. - Alan] Both sections of the plastic nose cone were scrunched and the BT section between them destroyed. The forward section of the Helicat was damaged and the mylar chute was protruding from a hole in the side. The ejection charge DID go off, so all I can surmise is that the chute was packed so tightly that it held its ground and kept the deployment in check. Not sure if the rupture in the BT was caused by the ejection charge escaping or by the impact. Who knows. Or maybe it was a case of bad Karma since I chose eggs that were numbered 013 and 014? Hmmmm.....

The wind never let up so I decided NOT to fly my Deltie B glider. I did witness Lyle's great "outta site" flight of his Deltie B. Again, we tracked it to the east through our binoculars until it was no longer visible past the trees - a testament to Lyle's aerodynamic construction techniques and tweaking of his model.

I wanted to finish the day on a high note so I sent up my Stormcaster on a C6-3. Nice flight and good recovery. We had fun and look forward to competing next year.

Rick Vatsaas writes:

I am not a contest flyer, but I wanted to support the club by participating to help reach the adequate level NAR participants.

I started my preparations Saturday morning, ( I don’t believe in procrastinating) . I had purchased a space blanket the night before and I carefully crafted it into a nearly perfect 52” Mylar parasheet for my Dual egg lofter (the egg lofter was a prize from MASA drawing BTW). After testing it outside in the not so gentle winds. It opened beautifully. So I Carefully packed it and tried to put it in the lofter. No dice, it was way too big. So after some thought I decided to cut a twelve inch hole in the center of the chute. Still too big, so I kept cutting, finally, with a 20 inch spill hole, it fit. I flew my Rocket (dubbed “Non-Stick Coasting”) on a D12-5 for a near perfect, and scored 59 seconds on the duration. For sport I flew it again, but this time it weather-cocked and ejection was at too high a velocity, causing the eggs to self eject. I got all the parts back intact.

For the spot landing event I flew a 35 year old Estes Star Snoop Gooney bird on an A3-4T for what I think my have been the winning distance.

I used the same rocket/motor for my Random Duration shot (40 seconds) I guessed terribly  and achieved only 18 seconds.

For the ½ A Parachute Duration I fared even worse. Not thinking about whether the ½ A was a big enough motor for the gooney bird, I ejected just above the ground to secure the Non-DQ last place in the event. I can point to previous emails to prove that I meant to do that. Mission Accomplished!

I think I did pretty well in the A Streamer duration. My rocket was a half inch dart with fins I constructed from my old business cards (Hence the moniker, “Resume Enclosed”). My times were 54 and 49 seconds I think.

Lastly, for sport I flew my custom built “Tycho Express” Rocket for a perfect flight on a D12-5.

All in all a great day. My thanks to all the contest Organizers.

Ted Cochran writes:

I left the house thinking the day was going to be a short one, and when I arrived at the field an hour later to see Alan desperately trying to keep an easy-up from flying to Wisconsin, my fears were reinforced. Much to my surprise, though, instead of getting worse, the weather gradually improved throughout the day, going from overcast with steady winds to sunny with occasional lulls.

I tried to fly in every event. My spot lander was a Quest Nike Smoke, which looked like a good flight until the parachute fully opened 20' off the ground and pulled it 50' past the target.

I flew the same Nike Smoke for duration on a 10" nylon chute; it went long in both duration and distance, ending up in the corn. I wandered around there for awhile but eventually gave up, only to have Art find it later (Thanks again, Art!)

Since I thought at the time that the weather was only going to get worse, I flew BG next. I flew my untrimmed Semroc Hawk for its first flight ever on a B6-2 -- a gutsy move, to be sure. I was pleased to see it boost very straight and pretty high, and even more pleased to determine it was just as out of trim at altitude as it was in ground testing, so I got it back for a return. Flew it again with similar results.

I built most of my egglofter on Saturday morning--a BT-50 3FNC with a Pratt Hobbies dual egg loft capsule, all held together with CA and masking tape. It flew pretty well, but the chute was severely mangled after ejection (should have used a D12-5), and the bottom egg broke.

I flew A streamer and 1/2A parachute using the same Semroc Astron Drifter, which wasn't very competitive, but kept me out of the corn. Didn't even try to do multiple flights, just a qualified flight in each event.

Watching the flights by competitive fliers drift out of sight was awesome!

Thanks, Mike, for organizing this event for us. I hope we do it again next year!

Mike Erpelding writes:

Thank you to everyone who came and made MASA's first regional contest a reality.

Special congratulations to Caleb Boe for setting a new NATIONAL RECORD in B division A Streamer Duration.

That flight where Caleb hooked that thermal, with that silver mylar streamer that was so easy to see, for 188 seconds. The old record was 181 seconds set in 2000. Chad Ring will forward the results on to the national records chairman for conformation. If no one else beat Caleb's time recently and hasn't been recorded yet, he will be in the NAR's record book!!!

There was one event that I had issues with from Saturday. It was B BG.  Caleb and Todd S. both entered some FAI style boost gliders in this "B" motor event. The only problem was they both used either a single 1/2A or A motor in these models. I was fairly sure that these flights wouldn't count; but Todd thought that flying an underpowered model would be self penalizing. We left it up to Chad Ring to make the final call.  I called Chad a few times on Sunday. He returned my call around 8:30 Sunday night. These flights did not fall into the impulse range of a "B" motor so they are unofficial flights; therefore they "never happened". Using a cluster of 2- "A" motors would work but not one.

It was a lot of fun. I hope we do it again!

Caleb Boe writes:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the congratulations.

I guess I haven't sent in a personal account of the launch, so here it is.

My mom an I arrived about 12:00. After setting up my equipment, I  flew set duration first. I did not have time to practice for this event, so I just put a streamer in a rocket and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the streamer separated resulting in a DQ.

Next up was parachute duration flight 1. My plan was to fly this before thermal activity picked up so I could return the rocket. It was overcast at this time, so I was hoping that there would be no thermals. I guess I was wrong. The rocket was near landing when it began to rise. Within a few minuted it had drifted out of sight. Because of this, I was forced to make the next two flights with one rocket. For the second flight I reefed the chute up hoping to get the rocket back. It worked and was recovered easily. Now that I had my return I put a 36 in. chute in my rocket and it stayed aloft for about 1:20.

Next I flew streamer. I flew my first attempt earlier in the day, but the flight was declared unofficial because the timers lost track of the rocket at apogee. Shortly after, the rocket was found and a quick inspection revealed that the foam ejection plug was too tight and the back end of the rocket was blown off as a result. Thankfully, since the flight had already been declared unofficial, I was allowed a replacement flight. My first official streamer flight landed in the cornfield across the road. My mom was out in the field searching and as I was on my way to help, I walked right into the rocket. That was the quickest I have ever found a rocket in a cornfield! Unfortunately, I discovered that the motor had ejected (I forgot to tape in into the rocket). However, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I will explain later. Thank you to Jeff Taylor for giving my mom a ride to the cornfield and for giving both of us a ride back.

Because the motor ejected on the first flight, I was required to return the second flight. This turned out to be a great flight! I was excited to watch it stay aloft for over 3 minutes. It landed near one of the yellow sheds about a half mile downrange. My mom and I drove down the road till we were near the landing site and then went out on foot in search for the rocket. After about 15 min of searching in the tall grass, the wind blew the streamer up for a split second, and I saw a quick flash of light. Immediately I headed for the location and there was the rocket with the motor still in. Today I discovered that this flight was a record. I realized that if the motor had not ejected on the first flight, I would not have been required to return this flight, which would result in an unofficial record.

Lastly I flew glider duration. I used an FAI style glider and flew on 1/2A and A motors for my first and second flights respectively. The first flight did not glide well, but that was okay since I needed a returned flight. I added some nose weight and flew again and floated the glider out of sight. Unfortunately, the smaller motors made the flights unofficial.

I would like to thank my mom for sacrificing her Saturday afternoon, and miss my brother's baseball tournament to help me retrieve rockets.

Thank you Mr. Erpelding for your time and effort in making this contest a success. And thank you to those who flew to help acquire the required number to make this qualify as a regional. I had a great time competing and am looking forward to doing again it next year.

MASA Summer Regional Points

Contestant NAR Number Section OSL D DED A SD B BG 1/2A PD MR RDD Total
B Division
Boe, Caleb 83769 IND 0 0 240 0 330 0 570
C Division
Cieslak, John 13628 558 48 810 24 114 0 30 1026
Cochran, Ted 69921 576 12 0 24 228 33 60 357
Erpelding, Michael 79922 IND 12 0 0 0 0 30 42
Estenson, Alan 69539 576 12 0 24 342 132 120 630
Gibbens, Art 59244 576 12 324 24 0 66 30 456
Marple, Carol 86280 576 12 0 0 0 33 300 345
McDermott, Gerald (Buzz) 13559 576 24 0 0 0 0 180 204
Merdan, Lyle 87893 576 0 0 48 570 0 0 618
Schweim, Todd 26588 576 72 0 144 0 198 30 444
Shmel, Dwayne 88172 576 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Taylor, Jeff 87148 IND 12 0 0 0 33 30 75
Vatsaas, Rick 81896 IND 120 486 96 0 33 30 765




MASA Summer Regional Results

Contestant NAR Number Section OSL D DED A SD B BG 1/2A PD MR RDD
B Division
Boe, Caleb 83769 IND

EJ / 188
MAX / 44 / 79 SEP
C Division
Cieslak, John 13628 558 8.1 57 21 / SEP 12 / 32 SEP 50.0
Cochran, Ted 69921 576 16.21 EGG 29 23 / 22 11 47.5
Erpelding, Michael 79922 IND 100.0

Estenson, Alan 69539 576 16.2 EGG EJ / 19 27 / 50 24 / 61 / EJ 35.0
Gibbens, Art 59244 576 36.5 32 12 / 16
11 / 20 / 12 70.0
Marple, Carol 86280 576 100.0

4 7.5
McDermott, Gerald (Buzz) 13559 576 9.98

Merdan, Lyle 87893 576

15 / 17 93

Schweim, Todd 26588 576 8.02
111 / 72
69 / 23 / 59 55.0
Shmel, Dwayne 88172 576

Taylor, Jeff 87148 IND 100.0

4 142.5
Vatsaas, Rick 81896 IND 6.6 56 52 / 49
4 55.0

MASA Summer Regional Standings

Open Spot Landing

Place Contestant NAR Number Section Flight 1 Flight 2 Total NAR Points
C Division
1 Vatsaas, Rick 81896 IND 6.6
660 120
2 Schweim, Todd 26588 576 8.02
802 72
3 Cieslak, John 13628 558 8.1
810 48
4 McDermott, Gerald (Buzz) 13559 576 9.98
998 24
5 Estenson, Alan 69539 576 16.2
1620 12
6 Cochran, Ted 69921 576 16.21
1621 12
7 Gibbens, Art 59244 576 36.5
3650 12
-- Erpelding, Michael 79922 IND 100.0
10000 12
-- Marple, Carol 86280 576 100.0
10000 12
-- Taylor, Jeff 87148 IND 100.0
10000 12

D Dual Egg Lofting Duration

Place Contestant NAR Number Section Flight 1 Flight 2 Total NAR Points
C Division
1 Cieslak, John 13628 558 57
57 810
2 Vatsaas, Rick 81896 IND 56
56 486
3 Gibbens, Art 59244 576 32
32 324
-- Cochran, Ted 69921 576 EGG
0 0
-- Estenson, Alan 69539 576 EGG
0 0
-- Shmel, Dwayne 88172 576 EGG
0 0

A Streamer Duration

Place Contestant NAR Number Section Flight 1 Flight 2 Total NAR Points
B Division
1 Boe, Caleb 83769 IND EJ 188 188 240
C Division
2 Schweim, Todd 26588 576 111 72 183 144
3 Vatsaas, Rick 81896 IND 52 49 101 96
4 Merdan, Lyle 87893 576 15 17 32 48
5 Cochran, Ted 69921 576 29
29 24
6 Gibbens, Art 59244 576 12 16 28 24
7 Cieslak, John 13628 558 21 SEP 21 24
8 Estenson, Alan 69539 576 EJ 19 19 24

B Boost Glider Duration

Place Contestant NAR Number Section Flight 1 Flight 2 Total NAR Points
C Division
1 Merdan, Lyle 87893 576 93
93 570
2 Estenson, Alan 69539 576 27 50 77 342
3 Cochran, Ted 69921 576 23 22 45 228
4 Cieslak, John 13628 558 12 32 44 114

1/2A Parachute Duration Multiround

Place Contestant NAR Number Section Flight 1 Flight 2 Flight 3 Total NAR Points
B Division
1 Boe, Caleb 83769 IND MAX 44 79 243 330
C Division
2 Schweim, Todd 26588 576 69 23 59 151 198
3 Estenson, Alan 69539 576 24 61 EJ 85 132
4 Gibbens, Art 59244 576 11 20 12 43 66
5 Cochran, Ted 69921 576 11

11 33
6 Marple, Carol 86280 576 4

4 33
6 Taylor, Jeff 87148 IND 4

4 33
6 Vatsaas, Rick 81896 IND 4

4 33
-- Cieslak, John 13628 558 SEP

0 0

Random Duration (40 sec)

Place Contestant NAR Number Section Flight 1 Flight 2 Total NAR Points
B Division
-- Boe, Caleb 83769 IND SEP (SEP sec)
0 0
C Division
1 Marple, Carol 86280 576 7.5 (43 sec)
75 300
2 McDermott, Gerald (Buzz) 13559 576 20.0 (32 sec)
200 180
3 Estenson, Alan 69539 576 35.0 (26 sec)
350 120
4 Cochran, Ted 69921 576 47.5 (59 sec)
475 60
5 Cieslak, John 13628 558 50.0 (20 sec)
500 30
6 Schweim, Todd 26588 576 55.0 (62 sec)
550 30
6 Vatsaas, Rick 81896 IND 55.0 (18 sec)
550 30
7 Erpelding, Michael 79922 IND 67.5 (13 sec)
675 30
8 Gibbens, Art 59244 576 70.0 (68 sec)
700 30
9 Taylor, Jeff 87148 IND 142.5 (97 sec)
1425 30

(Alan Estenson)

Back to Launch Reports